Conventions and Events - Concrete Cow 11 - 19 March 2011, Milton Keynes

Posted by: Neil Smith On: Oct 30th 2010

Milton Keynes RPG Club are holding another of their games days on 19 March 2011.

WHO?
We're Milton Keynes RPG Club. Find out more about us at http://www.mk-rpg.org.uk.

WHEN?
Saturday 19 March 2011. Doors open at 9.00am, first games start at 10.00am. We'll finish at 11.00pm.

(Concrete Cow 11½ will be on 17 September 2011.)

WHAT?
Any roleplaying or board game. You want to play it, bring it along and run it. Previously we've had on offer 3:16, Amber, Call of Cthulhu, Cold City, Dead of Night, Dogs in the Vineyard, GURPS, Gwenthia, HeroQuest, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hot War, Landston, Mouse Guard, Mythic Russia, Primetime Adventures, Savage Worlds, Spycraft, Tekumel, Trail of Cthulhu, Transhuman Space, True20, Vampire, and some more that I've forgotten. Latest updates will be posted on the Concrete Cow website.

A full list of games on offer is on the Concrete Cow games page.

WHO'LL BE THERE?
We'll be inviting some Guests of Honour. More details when we have them!

Leisure Games and Reaper's Revenge will be returning as traders, continuing their mission to part you from your money in return for the nicest possible shinies.

And, of course, there's all the fantastic games you'll bring along and run. If you let us know what you're planning to run, we'll put it on the Concrete Cow games page.

(Note that for child protection reasons, under-16s will need to be accompanied by an adult at Concrete Cow.)

WHERE?

The Old Bath House, Wolverton, in the north-west corner of Milton Keynes. The full address is

The Old Bath House
205 Stratford Road
Wolverton
Milton Keynes
MK12 5RL

Maps are available on MK Web, Google Maps, and Streetmap.co.uk.

Directions for drivers are on the directions page.

Regular trains to Milton Keynes run from London Euston station. The nearest station to the con is Wolverton (one stop north of Milton Keynes Central), about five minutes' walk away.

HOW MUCH?
£5.00, payable on the door. This'll cover the cost of hiring the hall.

For more information, visit our Yahoo group, email concrete-cow-owner@yahoogroups.com, or ask here!

Posted by: Neil Smith On: Feb 10th 2011

Just over a month to go to Concrete Cow 11 on 19 March, and time for another reminder.

So, Concrete Cow is on 19 March, in Milton Keynes. Please consider yourself reminded.

The list of games is growing, but we need more games on there! If you're thinking of offering a game, please let me know and I'll add it to the list. If it's not on the list, how will your legions of adoring fans and groupies know to flock to you on the day?

I look forward to seeing you all on the day.

Posted by: Neil Smith On: Feb 26th 2011

Three weeks to go to Concrete Cow 11 (19 March, Milton Keynes, etc.) so time for another reminder about it.

We have a load of games on offer at the Concrete Cow games page, but it's not too late for more! If you're thinking of offering a game, please let me know and I'll add it.

Also, Concrete Cow has moved into the 21st century with its own Twitter hash tag, #ccow (that's with two 'c's, as #concretecow is a bit long for Twitter). Please use that for all your Concrete Cow mentions on Twitter. If you want to link to Concrete Cow, you can use http://bit.ly/e5tNiK for the Concrete Cow page, and http://bit.ly/eiw4wQ for the Concrete Cow games page (assuming Gaddafi doesn't turn off Bit.ly).

Hope to see you in a few weeks!

Neil.

Posted by: Neil Smith On: Mar 7th 2011

Less than a fortnight to go to Concrete Cow in sunny Milton Keynes! I hope you've all got your games lined up. It's not too late to let me know about any games you'll be offering on the day, so I can put them up on the Concrete Cow games page.

We also have an update about the curry buffet lunch. The Verandah Talk (where the last couple have been) have decided they don't want to talk to us any more. But never fear, John Ellis has stepped into the breach! He's organised a buffet lunch at the Eastern Paradise, just round the corner from the Old Bath House.

The deal is £8.95 for a buffet of:

• 2 veg dishes
    [*]1 chicken dish
    [*]1 lamb dish
    [*]2 starters
    [*]1 rice
    [*]1 naan
    [*]poppadoms and sauces

• which seems like a pretty good deal to me.

They're also offering a discount on their normal lunch banquet (any starter, any main other than king pawn, any rice, any naan, any side dish), for £9.00 rather than £12.00. If you want that, you'll have to order it individually.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Articles and forum posts copyright © their authors 2007-2020.